Friday

My Possie in Berlin

 Finally I'm connected and can I post again.  Last Friday 30th Sept, I moved into my accommodation for the next 6 months.  It is in the Southernish part of Berlin, Lichterfelde. I live a few minutes' walk from the S-bahn, so it's easy to get places.  I can't remember which station this was, but here is a picture of a S platform and I take the S25 Teltow Stadt to get to my stop.


The whole complex are filled with exchange students and some wise person has separated the "really wild, noisy kids" (quoting my neighbour) from the "normal people" and this floor is quiet.  I'm happy here.  The flat is small but not cramped (except for the shower, that is!) and really has all I need for now.  I'll see how I feel about the flat when it's high winter outside and I'm stuck inside.  This is it:
View from the bed - kitchen at the back, left

I love that there is a big door that opens onto a small balcony.  It's nice to see green outside.  Unfortunately, the S-bahn runs right behind the trees.  When the doors are closed one can hardly hear it though.


Below is the view from the balcony to the left of the garden.  We had a very sunny week last week.  Every day there was this guy lying on his sunning bed the whole day, taking his last chance at catching rays before the cold weather comes. 


My first glimpse of a squirrel.  

It's been colder this week but I'm still fine with my SA clothes.  It's about the same temperature as a reasonably warm winter's day in PE and I'm glad to say - the wind also blows here.  Makes me feel right at home! It rained very hard yesterday. Hard to capture on "film" but I tried.  


This week has been busy with trying to get registered at the university (still not finished), sorting out some bank issues, internet issues, etc.  As I don't yet know where everything is, it takes some time to find them.  Yesterday I walked the length of a very long street to find a branch of my bank, just to find on the way back (by bus) that there was a branch just one stop west of where I climbed off the bus.  So I learn.  

I've also booked my flight and accommodation for the European Disciples Conference that will take place in Budapest in December.  Also going to Stockholm next weekend.  More about all these later.  



1 comment:

  1. Your 6-month home seems very practical & cosy, and the surrounding greenery just seals in all u need! Nice :)

    ReplyDelete