Thursday

Berlin 2 Stockholm Part I

I was privileged enough to have an absolutely amazing weekend in Stockholm.  I visited friends I met in India in December 2010 - more about them in next posts.  I was warned beforehand that Stockholm would be colder than Berlin, so I made sure I bought a coat.  I look a  bit like the Oros-man in it but it is very warm.  I don't have an iPhone to make this picture look like a real fashion blog pic, but here you can see my jas.

Something funny at the airport here in Berlin - smokers have to get their last fix in this little cube.  I just had to take a picture and the smokers inside was not too chuffed with me.  How funny is this little cage-thingy in the middle of the departure hall.

From the Arlanda airport outside Stockholm, you can take a bus to Stockholm central station for 99SEK.  It's a 45 minute drive, very pleasant bus. 
I took some pictures on the way into Stockholm.
Lovely soft light up North

Most houses are painted this dark red

Airplanes leave these trails... I wonder why we don't see these in PE?

Old and new
Interesting things captured on the drive in...
Get it?  Rock 'n Roll with an accent.  LOL

Interesting combination

This is how you buy a ticket if you don't know what to buy at the automatic ticket machines.
Step 1:  You get a printout of a number.

Step 2:  You wait until your number comes up and go to the counter indicated.  Organised, hey?

More about the trip on the next post.  I took sooooo many pictures, so it will take a few posts to show all.

No comments:

Post a Comment